Let’s face it, winter can be quite depressing and I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not the hugest fan. Not only do all the layers of clothing make me feel claustrophobic but winter really takes a toll on the condition of my hair and skin. I rely on a few fab products to brighten my spirit and combat the effects of winter.
Here are my top winter beauty products:
(Products from Left)
- The effect of a dry Johannesburg winter and blow drying my hair after every wash instead of allowing it to air dry like I do in summer, leaves my hair feeling so dry and unhealthy. The fact that I have curly blonde hair doesn’t help either. I suggest investing in a good quality shampoo. I’ve just recently switched to Matrix Biolage Advanced Fiberstrong Shampoo (For Weak & Fragile Hair) and I can totally see the difference in my hair condition.
- To combat dry winter skin, add some Johnson & Johnson tissue oil to your normal moisturiser (I actually do this all year long to get the best of both products)
- Once a week I give my skin an extra boost with Sh’Zen’s PhytoExquisitesTM Calming Melt-In Mask and my skin is always left looking luminous and rejuvenated.
- Every night I use Sh’Zen’s White Jasmine Facial Essence. It’s made from all natural ingredients like Bergamont, Rosewood and Jasmine and not only does it smell incredible but it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised.
- Suffer from chilblains? I do! Apart from keeping hands and feet warm and avoiding socks and shoes that fit to tightly, the best way to avoid them is to massage your feet with Tea Tree Oil. This essential oil is a must have for any bathroom cabinet because it can treat anything from skin irritations and rashes to insect bites and bacterial infections.