Hearts in Her Shoes Liebster Award Questions:
First up, Hearts in Her Shoes questions. Nikita, who happens to be my bestie in real life, has such a beautiful blog inspired by her beautiful heart and amazing sense of style. You’ll find her thoughts on decor, fashion, entertainment (she gets to interview some awesome celebs) and some personal posts on recently becoming a mom <3
1. What would be your dream job?
I swear this changes on the daily. I have so many ideas and curiosities that instead of naming one job, I’d rather name its qualities. My dream job ignites my curiosity, it allows me to be creative and try new things. It involves a lot of colour and story telling. It is a way for me to inspire and encourage my community and makes their lives just a little bit brighter.
2. What is a hidden talent of yours?
Hmmm, that’s a tricky one! My party trick is that I have quite flexible thumbs, so I can bend them backwards to touch my wrist.
3. What does writing/blogging mean to you?
It means everything. Writing in particular has always been an escape for me. I was writing books and poetry from when I was able to read and it has been an outlet for me through my darkest times. Blogging has been such a creative way for me to express myself, especially when my work was more prescribed.
4. Which blogs do you enjoy reading?
I love Lauren Conrad’s blog for all her beauty and style tips, , Holley Gerth’s blog is incredibly encouraging, Val Marie’s blog for her real talk (she was the one who inspired me to take on the contentment challenge), and I Love Devotionals for her constant reminders of God’s love for each one of us (I was also featured as a guest blogger twice: Is God Trying to Ruin my Life and God is Fighting Endlessly and Tirelessly For You)
5. What is the scariest thing you’ve done?
I really think it depends on the season you’re asking the question. Today, the first thing that popped into my head is that I resigned from my job three weeks ago without a new one awaiting me. Talk about scary!
6. How you ever done something that you thought you never would do?
Wow, so many things. See my last answer for a prime example! I also wrote a post about 2015 and the things I thought I would never be able to accomplish. For example there was a moment where I thought becoming a scuba diver would be impossible for me – but I did it anyway! It honestly is so refreshing breaking through those perceived boundaries and doing things you had made your mind up you couldn’t do.
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures that makes you cringe when you think about it?
Honestly, none of them really make me cringe. I binge watch TV series every now and then, enjoy the occasional packet of niknaks, love spending Sunday mornings in my pyjamas, and I live for afternoon naps! I’ve recently given up shopping so I’m proud to say that one no longer lives on my list!
8. Where in the world would you live and why?
Undecided! As long as the weather is warm, it’s close to the beach, I’m able to work at my ‘dream job’ and live with my handsome husband <3
9. With almost half of 2016 over with, what has the year taught you so far?
The biggest lesson so far is that everything happens in good time. In God’s time. Patience has never been my strong suit and
10. What is the one piece of advice that you hold dear?
One of my favourite quotes: “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved – loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
Kaleidoscoping Me Liebster Award Questions:
Next, Kaleidoscoping Me is a fab momprepeneur blog written by Ayesha who lives in Durban! Ayesha and I have become friends online – a beautiful example of how awesome the internet is! On her blog you’ll find fun reviews, reflections, and all about being a mommy and an entrepreneur.
1. How did you choose the name of your blog?
I don’t even really remember, to be honest. I loved the idea that beauty could be crazy, messy, and imperfect. I wanted to share that idea with the world.
2. What do you do to relax?
Ah, the art of resting! I really enjoy practicing yoga, baths with essential oils, naps, reading books, going for walks in nature. Anything that takes my mind off of the everyday!
3. What do you love most about blogging?
I love that it is so easy to share my thoughts with the world. With a click of a button, I can publish encouraging words and anyone from around the world can read them! I have also been fortunate to connect with other bloggers. I’d like to think we’re a friendly, approachable community encouraging and supporting one another.
4. What is your dream destination and why?
The husband and I love travelling to new destinations and discovering them for ourselves. A few places we can’t wait to visit are: Spain, Vietnam, Rio, the French countryside, and the Reunion Islands.
5. What is the first item on your bucket list?
Well, my bucket list is long and in no particular order but number one is to write a book! Hopefully soon!
6. What three things can you not live without?
This is tough because most often you’ll find you can live without anything if you have to. But I’d have to say my family, especially my husband at number one. Secondly, my warm cosy bed – it’s my favourite place to be, especially in winter. Lastly, my camera! I can’t imagine a world where I can’t try to capture in photographs what I am feeling.
7. What is your favourite movie or book and why?
I could never choose only one! Too many stories have captured my heart but the movies I watch over and over again are Moulin Rouge, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Midnight in Paris, and most Disney movies (I’m a bit of a fanatic).
8. Monochrome or pops of colour?
I’m definitely a colour girl!
9. Who keeps you motivated and inspired?
Girl bosses doing it for themselves. I follow quite a few online and they are living proof that it is possible to own a successful business as a woman and have family as a priority at the same time. I love how they embrace the mess and get on with it. It’s about the memories and stories you create more than anything else.
10. What is your favourite childhood memory?
We were a tight knit family growing up and our family holidays to Pine Lake Marina were pretty awesome. Celebrating each others birthdays has to be another highlight!
11. If you had to swap places with someone for one day, who would it be and why?
I don’t have anyone in particular in mind but being a full time travel blogger for a day -okay, maybe a few weeks – sounds fabulous!
Thanks, ladies, for such interesting questions! Now it’s my turn – I nominate a few blogs I have been following:
- Bianca Rael – Date Nights
- Sammy – Sammy Hearts This
- Eleanor Douglas-Meyers – Just Ella Bella
- Caley – LuluPop
- Nirvashna – The Pretty Pink Blog
My questions for you are:
- What did you want to be when you were small?
- If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
- What would you sing at karaoke night?
- Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be?
- What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of and why?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- What makes you wildly happy?
Remember the house rules of the Liebster Award:
- Give a link back to the blogger that nominated you for a Liebster Award
- Answer all the questions that the blogger that nominated you for the award
- Then choose 5-11 other bloggers that have under 1000 followers as your nominees
- Also create a new set of questions for your nominees to answer to keep the ball rolling.
- Don’t forget to notify the nominees via social media