Why, yes, it’s that time of year again! Time for birthday candles, cupcakes, and champagne! As much as I firmly believe birthdays are about celebrating with the special people in your life (and not so much about gifts), I couldn’t resist sharing my list of ‘love-to-have’s’! Here goes:
- A new bible: I’m still reading from my bible for teen girls that I got as a sweet 16-year old (thanks, Mama Bear!). While I treasure it so, it’s time for me to move onto a more grown up perspective. This NLT Love Languages Devotional Bible with insights by Gary Chapman, author of The Five Love Languages, is on top of my list.
- Wonderbag Slow Cooker: Prepare to be amazed! I’ve been day-dreaming of owning a slow cooker for some time, and when I came across the Wonderbag Slow Cooker, my heart sang! Not only does it use no electricity (take that, load shedding), but it’s locally produced, supporting local African communities.
- Taylor Swift CD – Do I really have to explain myself here? I mean, Taylor Swift!
- Scott Kelby’s Digital Photography Boxed Set – Scott Kelby’s Digital Photography Boxed Set was recommended to me by a photographer friend and seeing as though I’m desperate to take my photography skills to the next level, it’s the perfect gift!
- Workout Kit – So either I’m taking ‘Sweating for the Wedding’ seriously, or I’m genuinely starting to enjoy regular exercise (I know, right!). I’ve been signed up for ABC Boot Camp for 2 months now and it’s become a way of life. I have motivation from my trainer, I’ve made new friends, and I get to work out outdoors witnessing magnificent sunsets every evening.
So what would be the cherry on top? A new workout kit, of course!
Go Hard or Go Home Vest: JT ONE, Woolworths – R 150
Blue and Green Nike sports bra: Sportsmans Warehouse – R 300
Grey Gym Leggings: Mr Price Sport – R 139.99
Blue Gym Towel with Zip: Mr Price Sports – R 89.99
Nike Women’s Lunar Forever 3 Road Running Shoes: Sportsmans Warehouse – R 900
And, that’s all folks! Let the countdown to my birthday begin!